Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sit, Ubu, Sit

One of the things I don't understand about my mom is that she doesn't like to sit down. Take mealtime, for instance. I do all the cooking; Mom and my son set the table. And when it's time to eat, she won't sit down until I do. She walks from the table to the kitchen, looking for something to do, and finding nothing, she walks back to the table. Repeat til I sit down (at which time, she realizes she didn't fill her water glass, so we wait).

My husband often studies during the night while the rest of us are sleeping, so he has fewer distractions. I get up to help with breakfast every morning, but he rarely sees that ritual. One morning, he did, and he asked if she always does that.

Yes, I nodded. Makes me want to tell her, "Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog."
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment